Want to come work at Optical Underground? See the current positions we have open:
We have recently launched our updated ecommerce website, and are looking for team members who can wear many hats as we grow our business into the future.
Our Hayes Valley retail store has transformed into a showroom/guide-shop for a seamless in-store/online experience. We need showroom ambassadors who are capable of providing great customer service, both in person and virtually.
This is an opportunity to be part of a “100 year old start-up” and make a significant contribution to changing the way the optical business works. Benefits include medical, PTO, and sales/performance bonuses. We are an innovative team looking for people who bring new ideas, a commitment to working hard and having fun, and a vision of how to make the company better each day. Full and part time positions are available.
Retail Sales Associate/Optician
Duties and Responsibilities:
- You greet all customers with a warm welcome and make them your top priority.
- You listen to customer questions and use the information they provide to offer suggestions.
- You are attentive to details and ask follow-up questions for clarity.
- You show patience & courtesy to all customers.
- You anticipate problems, explore underlying issues, and strive to develop long-term solutions to ensure customers are satisfied.
- You commit to delivery date and time and set expectations for pick up.
- You seek feedback about the customer's experience and ask for referrals.
- You genuinely express gratitude and thank the customer.
- You manage your time well and possess the ability to multi-task
- You strive to achieve exceptional results on goals & competencies.
- You take pride in the appearance of the store & show initiative to keep displays & inventory clean, attractive & organized.
- You possess a can-do spirit & strong drive for results; self-motivated with a desire for continual learning & improvement.
- You adhere to attendance & daily time-keeping requirements.
- You adhere to all company policies & procedures.
- You are comfortable being on your feet 8 hours a day.
- You look neat and presentable and follow all dress code guidelines.
- You are open to other duties being assigned as business needs dictate.
Digital Marketing Coordinator
Optical Underground is looking for a part-time Digital Marketing Coordinator who is passionate about eyewear and fashion, creative and excited to work for a retailer with deep local roots and a rich story to tell. You will work closely with our Founders and key team members to curate, create, distribute and promote content to customers via email newsletters and to potential customers via social media to grow our community and presence across social channels.
Our ideal candidate has a strong background in content creation, social media management and deep knowledge of the social landscape. Position is based at our office in Hayes Valley, San Francisco.
* A creative content creator with an eye for elevated design, trends, style and color
* A natural storyteller with excellent copywriting and communication skills
* Detail oriented, resourceful and eager to learn our industry with a positive mindset
* Curious about all things social media, the latest trends, best practices and new channels
* Able to assess performance metrics with a strong data-driven approach to content
Content Planning, Creation and Management
* Maintaining social and email content calendar, strategy and initiatives
* Developing engaging content that drives brand awareness and conversion
* Ideate and create content
* Ideate and create bi-weekly email newsletter (Klavio, Canva)
* Keep up with tags, mentions and reposting relevant content
* Creating a community that includes influencers, customers, industry professionals and brand partners
* Grow social media following and drive engagement across all channels
Analytics and Campaign Reporting
* Monthly reporting across all platforms, identify key takeaways and implement learnings forward
* Research and implement best practices for social content
* Solid understanding of key performance metrics, data and insights
* Monitor relevant content and initiatives of like-kind brands
What We're Looking For
* Education/training in marketing/communications, journalism or related field
* 2-3 years professional experience creating and distributing content
* Experience creating social media content and graphics for Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest and best practices
* Experience with analytics tools, KPI's and reporting
* Experience with social media management tools (Later, Sprout Social, Instagram analytics, etc.)
* Working knowledge of design technology including Canva, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and basic video editing tools
* Articulate and ability to collaborate
* Understanding of sustainability is a plus and ability to take complex topics and message them in a digestible way for the consumer
* Bachelor's Degree in marketing, communications or related field a plus
To Apply for this Position, please send your resume, include your portfolio or samples of your work to: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly at Upwork
Who we are:
Optical Underground is the evolution of San Francisco's oldest eyewear company. Originally founded in 1911, and still family owned, we are the singular retail eyewear company offering exclusively sourced overstocks and discontinued styles from the most creative independent designers, all deeply discounted. For those unsure of the value of hand-crafted, uniquely-styled eyewear, we provide the opportunity to see and feel the difference at a fraction of the normal cost.
Our store and offices are in a hidden warehouse in the middle of Hayes Valley. Blue Bottle in the morning, Smitten in the afternoon and Anina after work...all just steps away.
Currently Optical Underground requires all customers and employees to wear a mask while on the sales floor. We have provided a section of the store to view eyewear without a mask.