Melissa Carpio - Sept 2020
Giving Back: A Habit Worth Forming
Introducing Operation Give Back: Give $10 + Get $10
We believe that social responsibility is a lifelong practice. Your actions impact the community and the world at large. Each time you shop with us, you have the option to donate $10 to our rotating charity partner(s) in exchange for $10 off your purchase.
How It Works
1. SHOP: When adding your items to cart, you have the option to donate and see the causes we support.
2. DONATE: Before adding your donation to cart, you get a chance to learn more about the non-profit partner(s)
3. SAVE: Select "Donate" and when completing your order, you will see the $10 donation added to your cart along with the $10 OFF coupon code for donating!
Benefits to You
1. Every cent of your gift counts since we cover the administrative costs
2. Save your receipt as record of your donation. Your donation may be tax deductible.
3. Give back to organizations that matter to you
Check out this season's charity partners and the important causes their work supports.
Why This Cause? We believe in the need to create a culture of belonging for everyone. We know that middle school may be the worst time of life for socially isolated students. Beyond Differences has spearheaded the movement to end social isolation and change the worldview of this issue through national programs that aim to empower students and teachers alike to encourage inclusion, kindness and acceptance and end bullying before it begins. LEARN MORE
Why This Cause? We started Optical Underground to support artists and save independent design. We’ve been lucky enough to host Creativity Explored Artist pop-ups in our Hayes Valley shop and continue to support their efforts to foster artistic development for people with developmental disabilities and celebrate the power of art to change lives. LEARN MORE
Why This Cause? We believe access to hygiene and sanitation is a basic human right. We’ve seen Lava Mae’s hyperlocal approach in action in our Bay Area communities and believe in their concept of Radical Hospitality -- How you serve is as important as the service itself. LEARN MORE
Why This Cause? Through Project Homeless Connect’s Vision Program, we’ve volunteered and provided glasses for those in need. Additional support through their dental, hearing and hygiene programs connect San Franciscans experiencing homelessness with the care they need to move forward. LEARN MORE
Why This Cause? The Food Bank continues to do the daily job of making sure vulnerable neighbors get the food they need. They’ve raced to put new programming and solutions in place, one by one, to be able to continue providing food and helping our community through this crisis. LEARN MORE